Monday 3 June 2013

Kirsten

Last week I had the opportunity to practise more natural light photography with the lovely Kirsten. Even after a big night out she looked radiant and ready for some serious shooting. She arrived with a BIG suitcase full of clothes, shoes and accessories, and if there were ever a contest of who's brought the most clothing to a shoot, she'd win hands down! We picked a variety of colours and styles and created the following images. She did an amazing job, even if she felt a bit strange at times with the posing ("More booty Kirsten!" ;). 
It was so overcast outside, which meant the light was well-diffused with very little need to soften it further. It also meant however that as it got later in the day, the images became darker. I refused to up my ISO because I absolutely hate noise and try to avoid it when I can. The result (especially in the black backdrop images) creates a moody scene where her eyes and face pop out of the image, framed by soft dark curls.

Click to enlarge

I was also very pleased to trial Alienskin-Exposure 4 with Kirsten's photos. All the pictures in this post have been modified using Exposure 4. It's a very cool plugin if you're after actions that mimic real film, from vintage film to light leaks to dark room effects. I personally love the vintage black and white films, they are amazing. There are dozens of presets, each of which can be modified, and even further so by adjusting layer opacity in Photoshop. You can trial it for 15 days so give it a try. I'm thinking of buying and seeing how my photos of Europe turn out :)

Left: Kodak Ektar 100 Holga 120 Right: Agfacolor Neu Dust & Scratches

No comments:

Post a Comment