Wednesday 26 June 2013

Teagen

I am so in love with what I do!
This weekend I had the pleasure of meeting and shooting a young lady named Teagen, with Greek and Celtic ancestry and the most luscious head of hair you have ever seen. An aspiring art teacher, we found we had a few things in common (I'm an artist and a teacher!), including an appreciation for red hair and travel.
The shoot was awesome! Lighting was perfect (unlike my last shoot where it was such a cloudy day all my images came out very dark) and Teagen did a great job following direction. It's always funny when I ask my clients to pose in a really awkward way, but I always appreciate the trust between us that, despite the discomfort and awkwardness, it's all worth it in the end. 
There are a lot of black outfits in this shoot, which really brought out her fair skin, but she also brought a beautiful blue 'scarf' dress that had so much flow in it, I thought it would be perfect for a twirling sequence. I think we both felt a bit daggy shooting it, with me telling her to spin this way and that way and "laugh, we're laughing, haha" and her probably thinking "what on earth am I doing??" but I'm so happy with how they turned out. Her expression is genuine and the result is a series of images that I'm sure mum/the grandparents/future children will love. And hopefully she does too :)
I was telling Luke afterwards how strange it feels when my clients leave. I feel like, in the short time that we're together doing hair and makeup, we really open up about life and love and all sorts of personal things. Then we shoot, and then they're gone. I love that doing this gives me the opportunity to hear stories from women from all walks of life. It's a privilege to be offered a window into someone else's life story. But man it kinda leaves me feeling sad to see them leave!!
Anyway, thank you Teagen for these beautiful images and sharing your stories with me. You have an insight beyond your years and it was lovely to have met you!

Click to enlarge



No comments:

Post a Comment