Monday 25 March 2013

She is a body of work

Last week I had the pleasure of shooting the lovely Miss W. She wanted some boudoir images for her boyfriend and has been kind enough to allow me to share some of those pictures with you.

The awesome thing about this girl, apart from being absolutely lovely, is that she is a body builder! I admire anyone who has the sheer determination, willpower and self-discipline to sculpt their body to how they want it to look, especially at a competitive level. I'm also starting to realise that physical strength in women is so important. I think we tend to focus so much on losing weight, being skinny, dieting, dropping a dress size, etc. etc. etc.... But how often do we strive towards having a strong body?

I tagged along to my boyfriend's personal training session one time, and somehow got talked into trying out some of the equipment. Despite my protests (No, no, thank you, I'm perfectly fine just sitting here on this yoga ball thing, watching him suffer and sweat it out. Please carry on. Oh alright then.) I started doing a few light reps. Oh the cracks in my back and shoulders as they strained under the (light) weights and started to actually work
After my light workout there was no pain, only a tingly warmth in my muscles. I felt great! I felt stronger. I believe that is what we should work towards when we drag ourselves to the gym at 5 in the morning, rather than focussing on losing x kilos and reaching an 'ideal' weight, etc. Each person is different. I believe when you respect your body and take care of it, give it the exercise and nourishment it needs, it's going to look good anyway. Not to mention the confidence that shines from within. 

Anyway, I massively digress! Back to my client. If you've got it, flaunt it. Being in such great shape, it wasn't hard to create stunning images of Miss W, playing with soft lighting and shadows to highlight her amazing figure. Here are some of my favourites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment