Monday 4 March 2013

She is beauty and grace

This entry is about a young lady named Mel.

She contacted me via email and wrote with such elegance and reservation that I assumed she was much older than she was. Usually I have some idea of what my clients look like, whether they send me photos or have a profile picture I can view. But I had no idea what Mel looked like, nor her age. All I knew was that she had "never done anything like this before", and that contacting me for a shoot was a big step for her. Something I hear often, and something that gets me excited!

When women come to me feeling hesitant or shy or whatever you want to call it, I am especially motivated and determined to give them the experience that ends with them looking and feeling a million dollars. After all, ALL women are beautiful and should feel it and know it. I just try to capture that with my camera.

So I had no idea what to expect when she arrived for the shoot. I can safely say I was not expecting to see a motorcycle pull into the driveway! Like a boss.

Then she walked in the door, helmet in hand, with the biggest smile, and I decided that my biggest challenge would be capturing such a beautiful and kind soul on my little camera. She kinda radiated. And when she spoke, she had only good things to say, especially about helping other people. Now that's real beauty. How does one convey someone's inner awesomeness on film? No pose, no lighting, no technique can really grasp a person's goodness. But I tried!

Working with Mel was an absolute pleasure. Not to mention she was a complete natural!

Click on images to enlarge.








No comments:

Post a Comment