Tuesday 8 January 2013

Christmas goodies!

This technology thing is going off!! There have been a few surprises since my last post, which was before Christmas. I now have an iPad - so far, though, I have only used it to play Plants vs Zombies. I'm still getting my head around how the thing works for every day use.. I think I still prefer my laptop where I can navigate with ease and push real buttons on a real keyboard :P
BUT I have also become familiar with the Top Model Release app. This thing is an absolute gem! If you are photographing people and want to save some time on paperwork, this app is a real find! Your client fills it out, takes a selfie, signs it, then you sign it, and a copy of the agreement gets sent to the client's email as well as your email. I haven't been able to use it on a real person yet (still need models/volunteers) but I've had a play, and I just think it's fantastic. Can't wait to use it.
I want to offer hair and makeup with my portrait shoots, so I did some research and came across a website called Coastal Scents. They are a cosmetic company who ship from the US and they had a sale just before Christmas. I went nuts and ordered a whole bunch of stuff from them, and when I finally received it, it was like a DOUBLE CHRISTMAS! Their products are pretty top notch, especially for the price you pay! And it's perfect for what I need, just getting started and all. I bought a makeup brush set which I absolutely love, some concealer palettes, lip palettes, eye shadow palettes, etc. and I have had a play with those as well (on my own face - again, still need those models!). I will include a picture of the finished result, if I can find a decent one. But the products themselves have impressed me very much. Again, can't wait to use them on people other than me :P



Ok I might've gone a little crazy with the colours... and the foundation... but why not. That unimpressed look on my face is because someone (Luke) wasn't taking the photo properly :3
I have advertised for volunteers to have their photos taken in my studio. Have had one response in two days! Not bad. It's not easy, asking for complete strangers to volunteer to come into my studio, take their clothes off so I can take their photo, and put them online! But I completely trust in my ability to create images that are artistic, flattering, and just sexy and awesome. This is the hard part, the waiting, the not knowing. But I am still so excited!


Oh how could I forget! I also now have PHOTOSHOP CS6 - another Christmas gift for the studio, from my super amazing wonderful boyfriend. All I can say is wow! The last time I used Photoshop was... 2004? Yeah, ages ago. I am amazed what is possible with this software. I come home from work and am just glued to the computer, touching up faces, a nip here, a tuck there, whiter teeth, green hair, purple eyes...

I definitely got spoilt this Christmas, hope you did too. I can't wait to share the fruits of my labour with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment